[rev_slider alias=”projectsslider” /]
Thanks to the support of our donors, here is a list of our projects to date:
- Oak Ridge Marsh Nature Park (Lions Drive) – We are in our 10th year of habitat restoration and
we’re nearing the finish line. Our volunteers have removed invasives from eight acres of this rare oak
woodland. A self-guided nature walk provides an informative look at Wild Lake Zurich.
- Breezewald Park Prairie Patch (Old Rand Road) – Volunteers have removed weeds and debris, and
replanted this pollinator friendly wildflower garden.
- Community Services Wetland (Telser Road) – We have cleared invasives and seeded native prairie
and wetland species, making this a wonderful demonstration wetland for the surrounding businesses in
the Industrial Park to emulate.
- Kuechmann Park (Old Rand Road) Five of eight acres of this oak woodland have been improved by
removing invasives and replanting native flower and grass seed.
- Service Opportunities for Scouts, churches, schools and businesses.
- Educational Programs: Owl Walk, Buckthorn Busters, Raingarden Basics, and Winter Tree
Identification are just a few of the many public programs sponsored by AOF. We are also instrumental
in becoming a Save the Monarch community.
- Heritage Oak Registry: This program encourages private landowners to celebrate their oak trees with
an assessment and inclusion in our Heritage Oak Gallery.
- AOF Communications: The monthly Acorn email and quarterly Seedling print newsletter, keep our
supporters and friends in touch with AOF’s projects and activities.